myElectrical Engineering is a young venture and in the process of building up it's project portfolio. However, when you use the company you are working directly with the owner [Steven McFadyen] who has over thirty years varied project experience.
Airports & Rail
- Hong Kong International Airport
Hong Kong International Airport - construction activities associated with the 400 Hz Fixed Ground Power, Seawater Pumping Stations, Medium Voltage Power Distribution, Ground Transportation Centre and Emergency Power Generators.
- Seawater Pumping Stations - the airports two HKD 225m seawater-pumping stations, being the largest cooling water pumping stations in Hong Kong and providing cooling water for all Airport facilities on the 12.5 million m2 development.
- Cargo Stand Expansion - HKD 162m cargo stand expansion project upgraded the airport cargo handling capacity by 60%.
Airport Ground Transportation Centre - airport transportation centre, including station for the main airport express train, bus station, private transport and taxis between the Airport and Hong Kong.
- P306 Cargo Stand Extension - equipment and installation support for new stands (including A380)
- Dubai Airport, United Arab Emirates - various projects including investigations into upgrading air-side substations, planning of the new Western Concourse and major refurbishment of the T1 staff offices.
- GAMECO Maintenance Hangar, Guangdong China - design and procurement of aircraft services (both electrical and nonelectrical).
- Nam Cheong Station, Hong Kong - largest station on the West Rail project and interchange serving both KCRC and the MTRC, constructed at approximately HKD 3.1 billion and having a peak time design capacity of 42,000 passengers per hour
- Mei Foo Station, Hong Kong - interchange station on the West Rail project serving both KCRC and the MTRC, constructed at approximately HKD 1.2 billion and having a peak time design capacity of 40,000 passengers per hour.
- Education City Light Rail, Qatar - design and build works for a catenary free, 750 V d.c. rail system. Utilises super capacitors and batteries to achieve catenary free travel between stations.
Petrochemical, Mining & Manufacturing
- Air Separation Plant - producing nitrogen for the operation of the Mossgas; the World’s largest natural gas to synthetic fuels facility producing 34,000 barrels of diesel and associated products per day.
- LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) Plant - the Mossgas LNG plant provides for 8 hours emergency islanding in the event of offshore gas supply interruption.
- Ash Stackers, Kendal Power Station, South Africa - twin ash stackers for the world's largest coal power station, with a monthly ashflow of up to 540,000 tons being deposited in a landfill site 1.5km away.
- Coal Terminal Stackers/Reclaimers, South Africa - two fully automated coal stackers, one bridge reclaimer and one portal reclaimer for Anglo American’s Navigation facility. Coal is transferred from Navigation via a custom built 600 kM dedicated rail link to Richard’s Bay Coal Terminal (the world’s largest coal export terminal).
- Precipitators, Botswana - electrical and automation design for two Lurgi supplied gas cleanup precipitators at BCL’s copper-nickel Selebi-Phikwe facility in Botswana.
- Pharmaceutical & Manufacturing Facilities, China - various including FDA approved pharmaceutical plants for Johnson & Johnson and Allergan and manufacturing plants for International Paper, Duracell and Amway.
- Tutuka Power Station, South Africa - investigation and solution of technical issues concerning 660 MW generator protection problems, instrumentation damage during lightning, upgrading of the hydrogen plant, hazardous chemical store design and upgrading of water demineralization plant.
- Other Projects - several operational upgrade projects for Tutuka Power Station, Buffelsfontein Gold Mines, Secunda Gold Mines and Sappi Paper Mills South Africa.
Power, Infrastructure and Master Planning
Power distribution substations with Auckland, Hong Kong and South Africa. Network Master Plans for Madinat Zayed UAE and Economic Zones Qatar. Various township and reticulations projects around Johannesburg and the East Rand.
- Madinat Zayed 2030 Master Plan, United Arab Emirates - due to industrial expansion within the Western Region, the Madinat Zayed 2030 Masterplan looks at the development and infrastructure needs to increase the population of the city from 30,000 to 60,000 residents.
- North Otago Blackpoint Irrigation Scheme, New Zealand - one of the largest pumped irrigation schemes in the Southern Hemisphere delivering 5,100 litres per second and intended to irrigate 20,000 hectares of farmland.
- South East New Territories (SENT) Landfill Hong Kong - 43 million m3 landfill including laboratories, treatment plant, substations, emergency generators and workshops located in the South East New Territories of Hong Kong.
- Township Electrification, South Africa - several East Rand electrification projects for Tokoza, Moleleki and Katlehong, including both underground and overhead distribution.
- Zone Substations, Auckland, New Zealand - several zone substations (33/11 kV) for Vector, capital cost around NZ$3m each, including Te Atatu, Auckland, Bush Road, Auckland, Red Beach, Auckland.
Several iconic high rise buildings, including Aldar Headquarters Building, Dubai Aquatic Centre, Guggenheuim Museum and Dubai Waterfront Plot 5C in the UAE. In addition Qatar Education City, Ras Laffan Adminsitration Complete Qatar, International Finance Centre Hong Kong and the University of Botswana Computer Science Building.
- Aldar HQ, United Arab Emirates - the Aldar Headquarters building is a circular elevation, 121m tall, 23 storey, commercial building located in the new Al Raha Beach development in Abu Dhabi.
- Dubai Aquatic Centre, United Arab Emirates - FINA approved international event aquatic stadium, total capacity of 15,000 spectators, Olympic standard 50 metre pool along with another 50 metre pool with a movable floor (estimated cost of USD 200 million).
- Dubai Waterfront Plot 5C, United Arab Emirates - mixed use, 135,000 m2, 55 story residential tower, 35 story five star hotel/serviced apartments, 2 basements & 3 common podium levels aiming to achieve a LEED gold rating.
- Guggenheim Museum, United Arab Emirates - world class USD 540 million museum facility in Abu Dhabi for contemporary visual art. The museum is approximately 42,000 m2 in total and contains some 13,000 m2 of exhibition space.
- International Commerce Centre, Hong Kong - located in Kowloon, Hong Kong’s tallest building, 118 floor, 484 m office tower, 5-star hotel (Ritz Carlton) and shopping centre.
- Education City, Qatar - Qatar Foundation Education City (40 billion USD), consisting of universities, colleges, schools, stadiums, light rail system, convention centre, hospitality, medical and industry research facilities. All infrastructure, building and rail system works.
- Ras Laffan Administration Complex, Qatar - Qatar Petroleum headquarter office building, medical centre, city hall, mosque, canteen, emergency operations centre, helicopter landing pad, two mail office buildings, corporate training building, hard & soft landscape.
Data Centres & Mission Critical
Several data centres and mission critical facilities for major banking clients and speculative operation in Hong Kong, China Korea, Japan and the UAE.
- Data Centres, South East Asia - various Data Centres and other mission critical facilities for Goldman Sachs, Macquarie, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and Deutsche Bank. Facilities located in Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan and India.
- Gulf Data Hub, United Arab Emirates - Tier III data centre facility in the with LEED Platinum aspiration. 6000m² mission critical facility over two floors.
The above is a good indicative list of projects, but not fully comprehensive list. For any questions or more information, please contact us.